If proof of insurance was not shown to the officer, a copy MUST be enclosed when payment is made.
If you are cited for more than 1 offense and have questions regarding payment, please call the court at (440) 930-4103. All fines must be paid by court date.
Effective: April 1, 2017
|0-10 miles over limit
|11-20 mph over limit
|21-30 mph over limit
|Over 30 mph over limit
Other Moving Violations:
|Traffic Control Device
|Other Waiverable Moving Violations
|Expired Operator's License
|Excess Weight for Street
|Excess Weight for Truck
||Call (440) 930-4103
Non Moving Violations
|No Seat Belt - Driver
|No Seat Belt - Passenger
|No Child Restraint/Booster
- All 3rd offense speed within a 12-month period MUST appear in court.
- Speed above 88 mph and above MUST appear in court.
- Speed of 36 mph and above in School Zone must appear in court.
- If personal appearance ir not required, ticket must be paid by 4:00pm on court date. Failure to pay will
result in a $10.00 late fee.
Required Court Appearance - Traffic
- Fail to Yield Emergency Vehicle
- Accident Violation
- Leaving Scene of Accident
- Passing School Bus
- Speeding in School Zone (36 mph and above)
- 3rd Speed in 12-month period
- Speed of 88 mph and above
- Drag Racing
- No Operator's License
- Driving Under Suspension
- Reckless Operation
- Fictitious Plates/Operator's License
- Permit Unlicensed Driver/Unlawful Entrustment
- Spill/Leak/Drop Material on Roadway
- Park Commercial Vehicle in Residential Area
- Parking Against Traffic
- Parking in Handicap Space
- Railroad Crossing - Lights Flashing/Gates Down
Required Court Appearance - Criminal
- ALL Animal Violations
- Curfew Violations
- Disorderly Conduct
- Possession of Marijuana/Drug Charges
- Consuming in a Motor Vehicle (4301.64)
32855 Walker Road
Avon Lake, Ohio 44012
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday & Thursday
Traffic & Criminal Cases (Avon & Avon Lake)
8:00 am - 11:30 am
Traffic & Criminal Cases (Sheffield Village)
1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Phone: (440) 930-4103
Fax: (440) 930-4128
Please don't call before 1:00 pm on court days
We will never contact a defendant to request their personal information.
By state law, Court staff are not permitted to provide legal advice or direction.